Do you miss the old RuneScape? Try RSCEmulation!
First and foremost, we would like to offer our sincere apology to the community, for the long delay in the process of this update. Our intentions as a team, was to deliver consistent updates and fixes in a timely manner, which we failed to provide. Moving forward, we have discussed amongst the team, to deliver more frequent fixes/updates and changes.
Remember this is the (1/2) of the patch. The (2/2) will be pushed out as soon as possible.
Download the new Desktop Launcher here: RSCEmulation Desktop
- Patched a website bug with SSL.
- Patched multiple "broken" links.
- Patched a bug where you would gain experience while in a duel.
- Patched a bug where the Brimhaven boat did not always teleport your player.
- Patched a bug where blocking clan invitations did not function correctly.
- Patched a region bug, where the server would crash, if a player was in a "null" area.
- Patched a bug where muting a player would cause the unsaving of their characters data.
- Patched a bug where players would spawn inside the castle, due to random coordinate bounds.
- Patched multiple bugs that existed in the Merlins Crystal quest.
- Patched quest dialogue grammar, reported by Drax (many thanks).
- Patched a bug where sounds would cause your android device to crash.
- Patched a bug that caused your client to crash, when activating the "items on death" interface.
- Patched a bug that caused your client to crash when loading new map regions.
- Patched a bug that prevented you from right clicking items while in the bank interface.
Miscellaneous Fixes & Changes:
We have changed the chat interface. The following is a list of how the new and improved chat system will work:
- The "All" tab now cleans messages around you.
- The "Local" tab now stores messages said around your character.
- You can now talk in global, trade, and clan chats without the need to type ::g, ::c, and ::t in front your message.
- We have rewrote our game launcher, which provides tools built in, to assisting users to fixing common issues that may arise while attempting to run our game. Users now have the ability to remove their clients cache, by clicking a button on the launcher. The launcher is now more lightweight, consuming less memory, and has improved notifications as to when an update is available.
- Thieving NPC's now gives you the original amount you used to receive, but we have removed batching for this specific skill.
- Added the ability to zoom in and out, using your up and down arrows, respectively.
- Rewrote how items are handled in server, Bank and Item containers.
- Added Baby Red Dragons.
- Hatchets now appear as hatchets, rather than battle axes.
- Changed unidentified herbs sprite to the "muddy" herb sprite.
- Added RuneCrafting to the skills menu interface.
- NPC's will now "reset" to their original coordinates on a timed rotation, so this should prevent NPC's from getting "stuck" (ie: Prince Ali and the Heros Quest).
- Your global settings will now be saved per player, not device. You will no longer have to reset your settings if you use another device to play RSCEmulation.
- Mouse coordinates, including clicking through chat boxes, has been recalibrated/fixed.
- The price of Soul runes has received a buff. The base value is now set to 1250GP (to shops) and 750GP per alch.
- Created a top 25 in-game highscore interface, with skill icons, as well as a search function, to search specific players in our highscores database (You can disable being indexed/shown on the in-game highscores, by disabling the ability via our character manager on the website).
- Added the ability to right click on a player to view their highscores statistics.
- Various database optimizations, which should increase performance.
- We have done some client optimization, which frees up more of your systems memory, and will use less resources. In turn, this will improve performance.
We have reduced the cost on activating certain quests, which gives you the ability to "completing" the quest, without having to actually finish it. The following is a list of the new costs:
- Rune plate: 200,000GP- Dragon Long: 300,000GP- Dragon Axe: 500,000GP- Klanks Gauntlets: 750,000GP- Dragon Square Shield: 1,000,000GP
- We have added a new wearable item. You will be able to obtain said item, by killing a new NPC, which will also be added in our upcoming update.
- We have made an event system, which will be utilized for some new awesome content, which includes but is not limited to (castle wars mini game, team match making 2v2/3v3/5v5, and capture the flag).
-A new Boss NPC
- NPC's will have an AI (artificial intelligence).
- Created a command for our moderators to host a survival event using Iban bubbles.
- Added the "castle war" coin sprite, which will be rewarded to the winners of the mini-game. Castle war coins, will be redeemable in a shop, for various items/prizes etc.
- Preparation for our "events week", which will be the release of "rare" items.
- Created a donation chest, which will allow players to donate certain items, that will be used for in-game events.
A few random images:
Completely new launcher
Muddy herbs instead of "herb"
Hatchets actually looking like hatchets.
Baby red dragons
Runecrafting skill guide
Upcoming:The upcoming Boss NPC.
The helmet of the boss NPC, viking helmet with a skull inside. It will also be able to be recolored to fit your armour (IE Adamantite, Rune, Black etc)
Castle war coin for the upcoming castle war events.
Stat changer for castle wars so you can adapt to the rotation rules.
For our rares week we have created a few new rares, grinch mask is one of them (Thanks Davie)
Please keep in mind, this update includes a lot of changes, which we had to ensure was stable enough for release. This is also just 1/2 of the update we had originally planned on releasing, but thought it was in our best interest to releasing it, and showing you all our intent was not just talk.
We will be making another post for the upcoming Rare week release. It will contain various events, automated events, skilling and melee chances to get rares. We will also post what rares will be dropping on what day and etc.
Thank you all again for your support, and being as patient as you were with us. We look forward to seeing you all in game!
Best Regards,RSCEmulation Staff Team
Greaaaaat update!!!! Way to go guys, congratz! Loved the muddy herbs thing!
Wow, thank you guys. I'll go eat crow now... Seriously, good job, and thank you.
I like that alot.Now make me a mod 😁
Don't think you would like it Evans, stay unmodly with me.
Really Cool! Thanks!
nice! well done! can i expet on 2/2 update some droptable buffing? and maybe npc addingtion to the training spots? 😉
Monster drops can be done/updated at any times. It haven't touched them for a week or two to work on the update with Rain and Pyru. Now i will have more time and will go back to sorting out drops until we find the sweet spot.
Hopefully this update will bring the players back. If not we need more events sorting. Like daily.
Make it so you have to be skulled for the baby red dragons to go agressive on you. So 3 itemers cant just sit there and farm them freely and flood the market with dbones. This will also make it a really nice pk spot constantly fights over the fight because they have to be skulled.
Might of missed it in all the text but can you sub down xp over lvl 30 now?
This one I'll take the blame for. I am just finalizing it and we should have it finished soon. I will make an announcement regarding it 😁
I really like this idea, we are currently setting up its drop table and I will make it just like you described. Thank you.
Good job. Your work is appreciated
Woaaah thats a alot of new stuff coming
Fkin aye baby reds back in business. +11111111111111111111111111111111111111
Amazing update, enough said..
This was an incredible update and surely will improve the gameplay for all of us. If you can’t see how great this update was then you’re the type of person who will never be satisfied or appreciate the hard work.
Awesome job, Pyru & Co. It’s super awesome to see that you guys actually took to heart a lot of our concerns as players and implemented changes with us in mind. I, for one, am super stoked about the chat interface as well as the muddy herb update. Those two alone are enough to get my willy wet. Thanks again, staff! The hard work looks like it was well worth the wait, and maybe some of us now can learn to gain a bit of patience for future updates. It seems on a population of 150 players they expect the staff to be as large as Jagex themselves; churning out updates like a perpetual motion device. See you lot in game!
Thank you everyone for the kind words and liking this update!
I have now made baby red dragons only being aggressive if you are skulled, but I need your help where I should place these baby red dragons in wilderness? 😁
Copyright © 2017 RSCEmulation