You are not logged in.

#1 Thu, Nov 8, 2018 10:47:08 am

Administrator Pyru
Administrator

Landscape & Future Changes

Greetings RSCEmulation Patrons,

We have made the decision to revert our custom map back to the original/default RuneScape Classic map. This means Edgeville and every other custom area (including our custom wilderness) in the game, will look and feel how it did in the original RuneScape Classic.

Our vision is to have the game look and feel as close to RuneScape Classic as possible. We plan to add custom areas outside of the original map, which will not take away from the original/default game play. You will travel to these custom areas via quests, objects, and other means. These areas will not interfere with the original game play/look/feel you all love, but will give you exciting new areas to explore!

As always, if you notice any abnormalities (missing NPCs, objects or items out of place) please post in this thread, or notify a member of staff immediately. Thank you all for your continued support towards RSCEmulation.

Notes:
- The Android client will be down for roughly 2 hours from this post, while I make a few minor changes/adjustments.
- Runecrafting will be unavailable for roughly 1-2 days. We are re-adjusting alter locations (you will need to update your guides).

Best Regards,
Pyru & Staff Team

#2 Thu, Nov 8, 2018 10:49:06 am

evans1089

Re: Landscape & Future Changes

Cool stuff!

hat.png

#3 Thu, Nov 8, 2018 11:25:58 am

sully

cheers big_smile thx for keeping us updated on the changes sir!

#4 Thu, Nov 8, 2018 11:48:59 am

Shadowx2020

thanks pyru! this is exactly the reason i chose RSCE over RSCREVOLUTION. RSCE has aleays been the closest to vanilla than any other classic server. Cheers!

#5 Thu, Nov 8, 2018 12:35:28 pm

buttdog

I would suggest you port all players to edge. I have some players that where in the dm and are now stranded in a endless ocean

#6 Thu, Nov 8, 2018 12:42:45 pm

Administrator Pyru
Administrator

buttdog wrote:

I would suggest you port all players to edge. I have some players that where in the dm and are now stranded in a endless ocean

You're right, I will do that now. Thank you!

#7 Thu, Nov 8, 2018 2:48:50 pm

buttdog

remove the mage arena option on the portal. ski is waiting for you there smile

#8 Thu, Nov 8, 2018 3:00:22 pm

Funeral

Has it been 2 hours yet? ?

#9 Thu, Nov 8, 2018 3:29:53 pm

Administrator Pyru
Administrator

Funeral wrote:

Has it been 2 hours yet? ?

Yes and the Android application is now up and working.

#10 Thu, Nov 8, 2018 3:53:39 pm

Administrator Lorin
Administrator

Awesome smile Gotta love the nostalgic feel of the original map! Good work.

Add me in-game or on Discord for game support & questions/concerns.

#11 Thu, Nov 8, 2018 4:32:52 pm

Funeral

Weird. Still not letting me in, I uninstalled and reinstalled and.. I'll keep trying though lol I'll log in eventually!

#12 Thu, Nov 8, 2018 4:55:27 pm

Administrator Pyru
Administrator

Funeral wrote:

Weird. Still not letting me in, I uninstalled and reinstalled and.. I'll keep trying though lol I'll log in eventually!

Download the new APK (you should see an announcement at the top of this website with a link). If you do not, clear your cache, history and cookies, then try again.

#13 Thu, Nov 8, 2018 5:18:07 pm

Samuca

Much love! Let's go back to the origins!

#14 Sat, Nov 10, 2018 9:25:00 pm

420 rare

Pyru... This is what I been looking for last year... Original no fucking bullshit custom shit.. ~ Bing Bing

#15 Sun, Nov 11, 2018 5:40:30 pm

Administrator Pyru
Administrator

420 rare wrote:

Pyru... This is what I been looking for last year... Original no fucking bullshit custom shit.. ~ Bing Bing

Nice to see you back!

#16 Wed, Nov 14, 2018 10:38:37 pm

Oo

why not try to be unique and original, especially when there is already a server out there with original rsc stuff... just saying... copying is not the way to go...

#17 Wed, Nov 14, 2018 10:43:35 pm

Administrator Pyru
Administrator

Oo wrote:

why not try to be unique and original, especially when there is already a server out there with original rsc stuff... just saying... copying is not the way to go...

We are not attempting to replicate. You need to re-read the post smile

- We are trying to keep the original landscape original.
- We will be adding custom areas and content outside of the original map/landscape.
- Custom NPC's and NPC's that are beneficial in certain areas will also be added to original map areas.

Thanks,
Pyru

#18 Wed, Nov 14, 2018 10:48:05 pm

da great

Just popped back in after more time on the sidelines, stat modifier is staying by the look of it? TIA

#19 Wed, Nov 14, 2018 10:57:56 pm

Administrator Pyru
Administrator

da great wrote:

Just popped back in after more time on the sidelines, stat modifier is staying by the look of it? TIA

Hello Da Great,

I am STRONGLY considering removing it, or adding some stipulations to it. It is causing more harm than good at this point. I also think it's nice to see multiple builds trained, without the panel there to instantly assist in changing your build. Although one downside to that, is a lot of people simply do not have enough time to train multiple characters these days.

#20 Thu, Nov 15, 2018 10:04:19 am

kossu

intresting stuff

Banned

#21 Thu, Nov 15, 2018 10:16:27 am

Administrator Pyru
Administrator

kossu wrote:

intresting stuff

Welcome back smile

#22 Sat, Nov 17, 2018 1:44:03 pm

da great

Pyru wrote:
da great wrote:

Hello Da Great,

I am STRONGLY considering removing it, or adding some stipulations to it. It is causing more harm than good at this point. I also think it's nice to see multiple builds trained, without the panel there to instantly assist in changing your build. Although one downside to that, is a lot of people simply do not have enough time to train multiple characters these days.

Yeah i love that your considering it. Always takes time but for flats staking you obviously have to train it there anyway. 61s IMO lost alot with the stat modifier allowing for stats to be flung around willy nilly & training multiple alt 61s was time consuming but when you got the right build vs characters it certainly payed off.

Unsure how the pk'ers find it / if they have differing opinions on it.

Also just bringing up something that's been spoken a lot about in the past in terms of the 61 staking scene (I have been away awhile so unsure what the cb formula is like now), is there any chance of a poll or discussion surrounding reverting to the V2 formula & changing requirements back to V2 (D set, Rune chain & legs & legends - able to be purchased without QP's). This is obviously just my opinion but gotta throw it out there , things were intense staking wise on V2! Also the likes of 3's and flats staing seemed to be alot more 50/50 back on your V2 Cb formula - it does seem this new formula is more closely resembling 'A site which shan't be named'.

Anywho hopefully this is taken as constructive as intended .

Cheers

Board footer